Jan 2, 2016

PERSONAL / Resolutions & Things to Look Forward to



Although I'm not the kind of person who uses the beginning of a new year as an opportunity to change my lifestyle, I do like to set some goals or resolutions. Or whatever you'd like to call them. And not the kind of goals that forbid me from eating chocolate to often or state that I should start going to the gym. I don't do those because I know I can't commit to them anyways haha. Instead, I set small, feasible and fun goals, and today I'd like to share them with you! 


Find a fun and valuable internship.
To successfully finish my second year of university, I have to do an internship from the beginning of April until the end of July. Although I haven't found an internship yet, and I have no idea where I'll end up, I am very excited about it! I can't wait to lay my books aside for a few months and actually start working and learning practical skills. My goal is to find a company that is on the one hand quite big or internationally known, but on the other hand has a relatively small communication department so I can really get involved. I don't want to become the coffee girl if you know what I mean haha.

Read the entire Harry Potter series (+ see the new movie!).
I consider myself a real Harry Potter fan, although I haven't read the books. Shame on me! I've seen the movies a thousand times but somehow I just never came to reading the books, even though everyone tells me they are sooo much better than the movies! Well, this year I'm going to find out for myself. I'm planning on reading the entire serie, but even if I don't finish on time, I'm happy too. Oh, and for the other HP fans, there's a new movie coming out this year: Fantastic Beasts. Definitely going to see that one!

Continue spending more quality time with my sister.
At the beginning of 2015 I made a list like this one as well, and on that list was, among others, the goal to spend more quality time with my little sister. And I (or should I say we) succeeded. We went shopping together, had dance parties in the living room, and we even spend a weekend in Antwerp! I really value our bond and I have the feeling we're only going to get closer as we grow older.

Practice my photography skills.
Last year I hardly had the time to practice my photography skills, mainly because of school but also because my old camera gave up on me. But now that I have my new Canon and 50mm lens I really want to start photographing more again! After my current term is finished I only have to follow 2 courses, so during those 2 months I'll have more free time and I really want to spend that photographing!

Pick up hula hoop more often.
Last year I bought a hula hoop with the idea that I would use it everday. Well, that idea lasted for a week I think haha! Even though I hate sports and exercising, I really like hula hooping because it feels like dancing; you put on some music and just start dancing around with it haha! Therefore, my final goal is to use my hula hoop more often. Even if it's only twice a week.

Do you have any new year resultions?
x


2 comments

  1. Goeie doelen, gaat je sowieso lukken! Ik wil ook graag meer fotograferen :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik moet ook weer eens gaan hoelahoepen! Bedankt voor de herinnering, haha :)

    ReplyDelete